All your questions answered
Manage My Account
1. Log in to your McAfee account.
2. At the top of your My Account page, select My Account, and then click My Profile.
3. At the top of the Billing Information section, click Update. Enter your new credit card information and billing address, and then click Save.
1. Log in to your McAfee account.
2. At the top of your My Account page, select My Account, and then click Subscriptions.
3. Click All expired to see your expired subscriptions. Or click View active to see your subscriptions that have not yet expired.
4. Look for the subscription you want to renew and click Renew.
1. Log in to your McAfee account.
2. At the bottom of your My Account page, click Get Support.
3. Under the Customer Service section, click Go to Customer Service.
4. Click Chat and Email or Telephone Customer Service, and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: You can request a refund within 30 days of purchasing a McAfee product.
Returns & Refunds
You can cancel your subscription within 60 days of purchase or renewal by contacting Customer Service.
If you contact Customer Service to cancel your subscription more than 60 days after purchase or renewal, you are not entitled to a refund for any fees that you may have paid in advance for the current term, and you will remain liable for all fees you incur or accrue during the current term.
Yes, McAfee Mobile Security, True Key by Intel security and secure cloud storage functions support iOS devices that use iOS 8 or higher.
iMac & MacBook:
- iOS devices that use iOS 8 or higher
- 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 PLUS (iOS 8+)
Apple iPad/iPad mini:
- 2, Retina display, 4th Gen, Air, Mini, Mini with Retina display (iOS 8+)
Apple iPod Touch:
- 4th and 5th Gen (iOS 8+)
Yes, The 2016 product line supports Windows 10 and thus provides protection against today’s threats on all popular Windows versions.
- Windows 8 or 10
Window phones and tablets:
- Window phone 8, Tablet on Windows 8 or 10
Yes, The 2016 product line supports Android devices against today’s threats.
Android phones and tablets
- 4.x, 3.x, 2.x
- LG Watch Urbane LTE
By default, the client software uses the address that was submitted when the client software was purchased or activated to determine the language. (If that language is not supported on the computer, the one most closely matching is used.)
PC and Mac computers utilize different operating systems and therefore they have different security needs. Certain functionality that can be found in McAfee’s PC security products like Anti-Spam is already available in the Mac operating system.
McAfee Total Protection has fully integrated McAfee File Lock encryption software that allows users to create a virtual vault locally on their hard drive or removable drives such as USB sticks. McAfee File Lock encrypts highly sensitive documents such as credit card info, bank statements, passports, etc. in a password-protected vault on users’ PC s to keep their identity safe from hacking and their PC’s safe from loss or theft. McAfee File Lock also lets users securely transfer files using USB drives. The feature that is unique to McAfee LiveSafe service is secure cloud storage with biometric authentication functionality called Personal Locker which offers secure storage in the cloud so users can access documents everywhere and on all devices. Once the files are stored in the cloud, McAfee Personal Locker requires biometric authentication to access the data. Authentication is done via combination of face, voice, PIN and IPT\OTP identification. McAfee Personal Locker includes 1GB of encrypted storage which can be accessed via the Windows 8 app, iOS app and Android app. McAfee LiveSafe service includes one McAfee Personal Locker license per subscription.
McAfee subscribers receive free support for the life of their subscription. Support is delivered at no additional cost via phone, chat, email or online FAQs.
You don't need wait for any disk or boxed package once you have purchased your software. Instead you'll receive an instant email with a code and instructions to begin your instant download.
1. You get a code for your software which is emailed through to you.
2. You can then use the instructions within the email and your code to start the instant download. This only take a few minutes and there will be prompts when you need to click anything to keep the download happening.
Intel Security pioneered unlimited cross-device protection for consumers over four years ago when we saw a dramatic increase in the number and different types of digital devices used by consumers on a daily basis as well as in the risks
associated with those devices, especially those on mobile.
This year we have taken the next logical step by making all our security suites cross-device with protection for unlimited devices whereas Symantec’s cross device offering still remains limited to a certain number of devices. As the digital security needs of consumers continue to change and evolve and as the Internet of Things in the home and wearable technologies gain widespread traction Intel Security will go on innovating and redefining the next generation of security for the increasingly connected world. Intel Security remains committed to delivering innovations that protect the lives of consumers that transcend devices, personal data and identities.
We are not aware of any companies that are currently offering this approach. Intel Security, is uniquely positioned to offer this at this time.
The Intel Security 2016 products are solutions that provides protection for all devices a user owns. Competing offerings are mostly limited to a pre-defined number of devices ranging from 3 to 10. Protection for additional devices needs to be purchased separately, whereas the Intel Security 2016 products safeguard all devices a user owns. In addition, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection and McAfee LiveSafe uniquely include an innovative new service to manage a user’s identity online and on their devices: True KeyTM by Intel Security.
No, bundling Mac and/or mobile security solutions with a PC security product will not offer the same kind of integration and consolidation offered by the Intel Security 2016 products.
Many consumers choose freeware and it seems that freeware is becoming more and more popular.
How is McAfee going to compete with that and why is freeware gaining more popularity?
The fact that freeware or free antivirus software is indeed free is the biggest reason why it is gaining popularity, however there are a number of disadvantages to freeware solutions.
1. Most free antivirus software still rely on traditional updates. However in a world where the number of threats is growing at an ever increasing speed and is coming from multiple directions, real-time cloud-based security is becoming more and more of a necessity. With free security software users may thus end up having to spend on costly clean up since they may not be protected from the latest threats.
2. Free security software focuses on providing protection against existing viruses and spyware however they often do not offer protection against: newest threats (Zero-Day Threats), phishing and dangerous websites.
3. Paid security software is generally more feature rich and thus more comprehensive, for example McAfee includes functionality like Firewall, data shredder, safe searching, mobile security, password manager, secure cloud storage, identity management etc. In its consumer security products. With regards to free security software users need to install various products to obtain at least an acceptable level of protection, which means that they will need to learn, configure and maintain a number of different products, all with different interfaces and user experiences.
4. Free security solutions come with nagging in-product advertisements informing the consumer that they should buy more complete versions of the product that they are currently using. The freeware vendors thus indirectly admit that the free solutions do not offer sufficient protection.
5. Customer support in most cases is limited to an online FAQ and sometimes email, whereas McAfee offers free 24/7 support via phone as well as live chat.
True Key™ by Intel Security is the easier, safer way to unlock your digital world. It removes the hassle of remembering passwords and instantly logs you in to your apps, sites and devices using multiple factors that are unique to you, like your facial features and the devices you own. And, the more factors you add, the stronger your True Key profile becomes. Enjoy control over your digital identity.
True Key is an application that you can install on your phone, tablet or computer. As you navigate to your apps and web sites, True Key remembers your passwords and automatically fills them in for you when you return. Access to your True Key app is only available to you, once you prove you are you, using things that are unique to you, things like your face or a trusted device you own. Your information syncs to all your devices, so you have access, wherever you are.
There is an overwhelming hassle of managing the increasing number of usernames and passwords required to manage your digital life.
By logging into True Key, the app will create and remember complex passwords for each of your sites, makes them available to you across all of your devices, ensures that only you can access them simply and securely using factors that are unique to you, and automatically logs you in when you revisit your sites and apps – so you don’t have to.
Yes, True Key will recognize it’s you using your facial features, Master Password, or other factors and only log you in to your own account(s). It’s as easy as logging out and back in.
For all of our products except McAfee AntiVirus, you can protect an unlimited number of devices. Just add them to your subscription via the online dashboard, and enjoy protection across every electronic you own.